Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Back, slowly...

Due to the persistent and annoying knee ITB injury, I laid off running for almost a month.
Did some cycling on my friend Suraj's 6-gear bike in the interim...fun, ...but not as much as running ;-)

So, from about 10 days now, am running again, but slooowly... - the smart way. Started doing just 3km runs, then progressed to 4, etc. Currently (last ran) about 6km. No knee pain!

The "correct" rule to follow for run mileage apparently is: run no more than 10% of what you ran the previous week. Hmm, trying to follow it.

2 comments:

Kersi said...

Great. So you are back in the saddle. I had similar problems with my knee and hips. That induced me to take up biking. I used to run 5 miles daily and then racheted it up to 10 miles too quickly. Now I bike 22 miles one day and then run 4 miles the next day and then take a day off.

Yes, a slow increase is best. Good luck.

Dilshad Billimoria said...

Aaaha, I hope the guru listens to himself and runs no more than 10% a week!
hey, but this time, im seeing you practise what you preach:)!